Thursday, July 15, 2010

tradition

Growing up, my mom always looked forward to the summertime, when she would get to spend the majority of the summer with her Grandma and Grandpa Heard in Guymon, Oklahoma. This is where she learned how to do many of the things that are so important to her now...like having a garden and canning.


Ever since I can remember, my summers have included lots of hours in the kitchen watching and helping my mom can all sorts of pickles, green beans, jellies, okra, peppers, and salsa. It has always been something I have looked forward to and appreciated (especially when it comes time to eating all the goodies).


This time when I was home, I was lucky enough to be there during the makings of plum jelly! More like yum jelly!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm I wish I could have been there for all of that! I miss the goodies you would bring home with you, like the pickles.

    ReplyDelete