Friday, June 25, 2010

bus tickets


We're packing up our cabina now. Our bus out of here leaves at 2:30 this afternoon. It's sad to pack up a place that you love so much and even though you're hopeful to return, you know there's a chance you'll never be back.I love this place. This morning, Mitch and I picked a grapefruit from the tree right next to our house and sat on our porch which overlooks the ocean to eat it. Off the top of my head I can think of lots of fruits and vegetables that grow pretty much right outside our door: lemons, grapefruits, mangoes, bananas, plantains, avocados, and papaya. Other than that, there are toucans, parrots, and parakeets that fly over us all day, iguanas that live on our roof, and monkeys that watch us from the trees above. The natural beauty here is unbelievable.

Also we've met some really great people. We met Jeff the first day we got here and immediately hit it off with him because he had just returned home from Korea as well. And Amanda came about a month ago as a new teacher at my school. We live next to each other, and she has been such a great neighbor and friend. The four of us often just sit on the porch in the hammocks and talk about how much we love Costa Rica. I'm sad to leave both of those people, but as I said earlier, I'm hopeful to return to see them again.

I guess this is just part of traveling: leaving behind wonderful places and people. It is better than never having experienced the places and met the people, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment